Can i claim for help with childcare- tax credits

Options
I currently can claim for childcare through tax credits and do so when its school holidays , but today work have asked me if i can increase my hours and possible pay rise . I'm just working out if i would still be entitled to the up to 70% childcare paid if i am earning more. The rise in my wages plus my husbands wage will mean that we would not be entitled to working tax credit as we would be earning to much (we still qualify for child tax). Am i right in thinking if were not getting working tax then we wouldn't get help with the childcare element or have i got this wrong ?
many thanks

Comments

• bobbybuttons
    Options
    Thank you, yes we both work over 16 hours but our income will take it just over so were not entitled to working tax which is why i wanted to check , I appreciate your reply .
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, yes we both work over 16 hours but our income will take it just over so were not entitled to working tax which is why i wanted to check , I appreciate your reply .

If you are entitled to childcare help now, then you will be entitled to WTC even if your income rises. You might not receive any payments because your income is too high, but you will be entitled to have it included in your calculation. Childcare help is part of WTC so as BB says you will qualify. How much you get though depends on your exact income figures.

IQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport