income support for lone parent, what do they need?

Options
Hi all,

I just phoned up to make a claim for income support and they are sending the claim out.

The guy said they will need proof of certain things but wouldnt clarify, what do you need to send them exactly?
Appreciate everyone’s advice here, keep up the great work!

Comments

• Blindsided_2
    Options
    After I submitted a claim I had to take my passport, bank statements, tenancy agreement, children's birth certificates up to an interview at the Jobcentre. I received my first payment about 14 days after that interview
  • eld
    eld Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Blindsided wrote: »
    After I submitted a claim I had to take my passport, bank statements, tenancy agreement, children's birth certificates up to an interview at the Jobcentre. I received my first payment about 14 days after that interview
    Well i rang up to confirm after and the lady said i just needed two forms of id, so i'm guessing as i'm claiming as a lone parent it's a bit different.
    Appreciate everyone’s advice here, keep up the great work!
  • Blindsided_2
    Options
    eld wrote: »
    Well i rang up to confirm after and the lady said i just needed two forms of id, so i'm guessing as i'm claiming as a lone parent it's a bit different.

As was I claiming as a lone parent. They can ask for whatever they like.
    But seeing as a phone all solved your query, it makes your thread a bit pointless
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Blindsided wrote: »
    As was I claiming as a lone parent. They can ask for whatever they like.
    But seeing as a phone all solved your query, it makes your thread a bit pointless

Not really. Information posted here can be of interest to more than the person asking the original question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure