Second ESA50 sent from Atos while still in assessment phase.....

Options
My son has received another ESA50 questionnaire, he is still in the assessment phase, the first one was sent back to them months ago,along with lots of supporting evidence. Does anyone know why they would send another one out?
Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    My son has received another ESA50 questionnaire, he is still in the assessment phase, the first one was sent back to them months ago,along with lots of supporting evidence. Does anyone know why they would send another one out?

All you can do is contact them and ask.
    In principle, there is a wide flexibility of evidence that they can ask for - and in principle, they could ask for two ESA50s to be completed.
    However, it's far more likely there has been some error - either the original data has been lost - or something else with the case was supposed to happen, and someone fat-fingered the 'send ESA50' button.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    rogerblack wrote: »
    All you can do is contact them and ask.
    In principle, there is a wide flexibility of evidence that they can ask for - and in principle, they could ask for two ESA50s to be completed.
    However, it's far more likely there has been some error - either the original data has been lost - or something else with the case was supposed to happen, and someone fat-fingered the 'send ESA50' button.

I don't know if you recall my other post Roger, my son's claim was backdated a further 12 weeks from original start date.
    I have a photocopy of the whole submitted form, and a post office receipt of posting and can see who signed for the form when it arrived, so they can't say it didn't get there.
    I think there is some confusion again like you say.

Another question please.... why are Atos still sending these things, I thought they had gone and another organisation was doing this.... ?

• HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Options
    ATOS are not due to finish their ESA contract until a bit later this year- can't remember the exact date, but I'm sure rogerblack will know!
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    HB58 wrote: »
    ATOS are not due to finish their ESA contract until a bit later this year- can't remember the exact date, but I'm sure rogerblack will know!

Oh right, well that would explain it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family