HMRC-Tax refound how to check all HMRC cheques payments to you?

edited 31 December 2014 at 1:06PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
10 replies 1.9K views
0.12340.1234 Forumite
7 Posts
edited 31 December 2014 at 1:06PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Today 31.12.2014

Hi guys.
In the last 4-5years I've asked about Tax Refound and later received from HMRC some cheques.
I need a little help.
I want to know now, if it is possible how to get from HMRC, a complete list about all payments 'by cheques' sent (issued) behalf to my name till today.
I very appreciate any tips or suggestion.
Thank you.

Replies

• Ask for subject access report from HMRC - that would show anything sent out to you by letter.
  • 0.12340.1234 Forumite
    7 Posts

So ''Happy New Year 2015!'' to you All.

Sorry about delay. I'm still interested.
    To:Horseunderwater'
    ...it should be as bank statement.
    A 'report' with client selection number or NINO criteria. Some other details as well as 'cleared or not'/transaction number... If you got something already, picture (jpeg) or pdf please send to me or post the link to it.
    A picture worth more then 1000 words.
    Thanks.

• https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR is the link to request all details held on you by hmrc. It's an online request & you have 15 minutes to complete form. So have Nino & valid email address ready.
  • edited 3 January 2015 at 10:41AM
    0.12340.1234 Forumite
    7 Posts
    edited 3 January 2015 at 10:41AM

Hi,
    Thank you for support and the link provided.
    I did samething, before about Tax Refund, ''P50'' form. I'm still waiting HMRC to comply with my request on details not some of them only. (Copy/paste the link into the your browser address bar and click 'enter'.
    //public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/PersonalTax_iForms/1.0/P50&template=P50.xdp)
    ..Soon I'll get the final answer I'll update as well on website.
    About Data Protection Act(Law) 1998 is important to know something for sure:
    By the Law:
    Any Organization who held any information (financial, identification..any.)about people, have to disclose, by request, the contain to the person about it is the case.
    It is compulsory not optional.
    Thanks.

• agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.1234 wrote: »

It is compulsory not optional.

Except when it isn't, there are plenty of exceptions.
  • 0.12340.1234 Forumite
    7 Posts

Hi,
    Unfortunately I got as well plenty of examples about very official Institutions, with power and resources to complies with the Law or implement it, who are following the rule...
    depending of... ''how much, well informed or who is the subject'' and not 'according to the Law as first' (about implementation of Law).
    About the Law:
    There are the Law(as text) and Rules of implementation of the Law(the main principles and the entire mechanism, people, institutions empowered who have to support the Law implementation).
    In a few words...
    ' A Law is good if can be implemented (equally), other is useless or worse discriminative useful'.
    I'll make the update about HMRC soon I'll get something. Thanks.
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I find it almost impossible to read and make sense of your posts, partly due to your weird use of colours and italics but mainly because of your strange use of English - now maybe that's due to it not being your first language, but if so then perhaps you need to write more simply so that what you are trying to say can be understood. And if you're going to use quotes, remember to cite them and give the reference, otherwise we'll assume you're making them up.
  • NYMNYM Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what he wants is a comprehensive report from HMRC detailing cheques he's received and whether the funds have in fact cleared through his bank account.

He probably applied for a tax refund at some point and maybe they'll have issued a cheque(s) He may not be able to recall receiving it/them, can't find it/them entered on a bank statement and now wants HMRC to prove that he has had it/them......or maybe not. :D
  • HMRC are about as useless as a chocolate fireguard with their administration or lack of;)

They cant cope with the simplest of matters as it is!!!
  • Sorry guys just some phone calls to HMRC.
    At the moment three attempts to contact by phone HMRC, Friday and Monday. Last one successfully some how. 'You will receive a letter from us about your request'.
    Waiting time online ...not earlier then 40min till someone from HMRC 'becomes' available for me as customer (other ... ''The Four Seasons'' violin concertos by Antonio Vivaldi, I guess, and answering machine voice between them).
    I've used someone else line.
    But if public phone, Land-line call, I think:
    £0.60/min x 40min = £24
    should be(for sure) subject of phone calls bills refund sent to HMRC. 'Improvement of services' costs, (or rather, just each other respect) not as now indirectly 'voluntarily' money transfer from customers pocket to BT and ..the end of chain. It could be(is) a small legitimate compensation but not for time waste. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides