Ford servicing help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
4 replies 692 views
markstev27markstev27 Forumite
151 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Hi all

We recently bought at ford car with 2 years warranty on it

Ford called me after buying it to say that I needed to service it with a ford approved dealer to keep the warranty. This could either cost me £300 for a service or £20 per month to stay within the cover

After paying all that money for the car I feel loathed to pay more but I want to service the car

Do I have to go to ford or can I go to another dealer

If I can go to another dealer, where can I find a list of ford approved service centres

Thanks

Replies

• daveyjpdaveyjp Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long have you had the car?

It sounds like a sales call to get you on a monthly payment plan for servicing. Shop around Ford dealers for service costs.

You can go to any garage you like, but if you need to make a claim on the warranty you will need to prove the third party garage used genuine Ford parts and followed to the letter the requirements of the Ford service schedule.
  • Thanks

We got it on Wednesday but we're not told about the warranty plan at all

Got a sales call on Thursday about it
  • flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it still under Ford warranty? If so, as above, will need to be serviced as per the Ford schedule at a VAT registered garage.
    If it's a used car warranty, they may be able to make specific T&Cs to keep it valid
  • Thanks

It's a ford warranty

I was told that their services are £300 or £200

I've looked and they are around 180 for a full in 120 for interim

They have quoted £20 per month for a service plan on a 3 year deal for a 2 year warranty

Seems very steep
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support