ESA & PIP assesments 11 days apart

Options
hi all, i just wanted to ask if anyone else like me has had to have an assessment for pip with capita and then had to have another one by atos for esa. Maybe i am just unlucky but the day after the capita phone call to tell me when they would be coming to my house i got the atos letter telling me to go in 11 days later. Had the pip last friday seemed ok, now got the esa next tuesday, now i know they are different benefits but surely they could save some money and share the information and also give me some piece, anyway i hope they are both sorted by xmas.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. They're completely different benefits as you already pointed out and the criteria for each is different. You can work and claim PIP but ESA is for those unfit for work and because of this they don't share the info from either of the assessments. Good luck for them both.
  • brez22
    brez22 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I have been on the two benefits for 10 years now so hopefully they will see sense and renew them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure