Wembley gigs - accommodation nearby ish help please

Options
Well I have finally calmed down after getting pre-sale Foo Fighter tickets on Wednesday (WHOOP) and then seeing the prices for the Premier Inn at Wembley (HOW MUCH!)

We came to see the Foos at the Arena and it only cost £110.00 for two nights then. Can’t believe the prices they are charging now (£200 per room per night!)

I’m looking at different hotels but if I’m honest I have absolutely no idea if they’re easy to get to or looking cheap because it’ll cost us more to get there! So hoping there’s some knowledgable people on here that would help us?

We are hoping to travel down on the Thursday / Friday and stay til Sunday / Monday and whilst we know it’s more expensive in London I can’t afford £200 per night per room (we need two rooms as four of us)

There will be four of us so ideally need somewhere cheap and cheerful and two rooms. My son is on the autistic spectrum and this will be his first gig so need to plan it as much as possible. We are looking at other premier inns / similar type places close by or maybe a little out of the way.

I am assuming most people will be heading back to London after the gig and we are happy to go in the opposite direction. Actually that would be better if it means us guaranteeing us a seat on a train. My son doesn’t do crowds etc but he loves the foo’s and is really looking forward to this so need to plan J

Comments

• SW17
    SW17 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you want to go in the opposite direction, look for places near the Northern reaches of the Metropolitan and Bakerloo lines, or even on Chiltern Railway. There are 3 stations serving Wembley. I don't know the hotels first hand, but an example might be the Best Western Cumberland in Harrow on the Hill.

Wembley Park station and environs are designed to handle the crowds from the stadium, and the Arena is a lot smaller, so it won't be so bad, but of course that's relative for someone on the spectrum. Trains towards London are still likely to be pretty packed for a while after the gig. Either way, prepare him for some crowds on the way out, unless you're planning to wait to leave (in which case, maybe stay towards London anyway?).
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    premier inn and travelodge prices have certainly gone up especially in london , i remember when you could get london rooms for £29/£39 now its well over a £100
    just looked at the wembley travelodge and they are asking £128 although if you get a family room you can get 4 adults in there which i and mates have done many times
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • tower
    tower Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could try watford, it has a direct trains and tube and takes about 30-40 mins if the trains are running..(
    Travelodge has rooms for £40 on Saturday 20th June.
  • marywooyeah
    Options
    I got foos pre-sale tickets too! :j they were hard to get though!

have you looked at Canary Wharf? you can usually get a good deal round there x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure