Feedback on Resolver.

Replies

• Used resolver on 1st September 2015 for flight refund recieved voucher on 1st October 2015 for £1350 3 people so thank you. Would have been nice to be asked if i wanted cash instead but already have holiday again with Thomas Cook so no issues really.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are happy with the voucher that's fine but you can insist on cash.
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    spike54 wrote: »
    Used resolver on 1st September 2015 for flight refund recieved voucher on 1st October 2015 for £1350 3 people so thank you. Would have been nice to be asked if i wanted cash instead but already have holiday again with Thomas Cook so no issues really.

Remember that if you book a flight with TC using the vouchers and you are then delayed, you are not protected by the Regulation - so you won't get compensation. That's just one of the reasons why I would always ask for cash - even if I'm using the same airline.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point!
  • Thanks for the info i did not know i that think I will ring tomorrow and try to get cash instead.
  • Nodding_DonkeyNodding_Donkey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used Resolver for the first time this week. The timeline (from my post in the Ryanair thread) was:
    Friday 25th: September FR8352 from Almeria to London Stansted delayed by 212 minutes.

Saturday 26th: email from Ryanair linking to to the EU regs but saying we couldn't claim as it was "extraordinary circumstances". It was a knock on delay caused by the incoming aircraft going tech before the flight in

Sunday 27th: Claim submitted through the Resolver website.

Tuesday 29th: Letter from Ryanair agreeing to pay £590.80 compensation (two people)

So I think it's fair to say I am happy with Resolver :)
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nodding Donkey - you should send a copy of the email from Ryanair to the CAA as an illustration of their non-compliance with the Regulation.

I wonder if the new intent is not to reject claims post-van dear Lans but to try to deter people from claiming in the first place, by suggesting that they're unlikely to be awarded compensation? In any case, it's still wrong.

But well done you on getting what you're owed so painlessly and quickly!
  • Nodding_DonkeyNodding_Donkey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I will be complaining to the CAA, just as soon as the money is in the bank :)
  • I filled in the template and sent it to resolver as per this website. I received an email saying I was entitled to 250 euro and asked to provide the last 4 number of the card I wanted the refund to be credited to. I immediately responded but have heard nothing since despite emailing them again.

There is a button on the bottom giving the option to escalate to the airline but what is the point of Resolver? I pressed the 'escalate' button yesterday but have heard nothing not even an automatic response.

What next??? It is confusing. Is Resolver simply there to confirm that I am entitled to flight delay compensation because it has checked my delayed flight details? Just not clear on the website link.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
    Elaine853
  • spike54 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info i did not know i that think I will ring tomorrow and try to get cash instead.
    Do you have a telephone number for Resolver? Thanks