New Post Advanced Search

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
505 replies 240.5K views

Replies

• Resolver has a 50% hit rate for me. My claim against Thomson has gone all the way up to the chief executive with no reply to anything, this may be down to their abysmal operating set up and ability to tell their left from their right let alone run a huge company.

However it's been a massive success for me against EE and I could not fault it. I'd highly recommend it. Get the app too!
    Arctic Monkeys :j
  • I used Resolver to claim flight delay compensation, but received a reply saying they were unable to correspond with this email address and to contact them via their postal address. Where do I go from here?
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masallen wrote: »
    I used Resolver to claim flight delay compensation, but received a reply saying they were unable to correspond with this email address and to contact them via their postal address. Where do I go from here?

Contact them via their postal address, I guess? But this isn't a letter writing exercise, so make sure you know what you're doing before you start off.
  • bambinaUKbambinaUK Forumite
    257 posts
    I put in a claim for a flight delay with BA via Resolver at the beginning of April. I have escalated my claim when prompted and then on the 14th July BA offered me 1200 euros. I haven't settled for this yet, but Resolver has been a very handy tool for me.
  • So, Resolver doesn't seem to like my postcode. I type it in, and it comes up with a different address list every time I press 'Search'. Bristol, Edinburgh, wherever. Not Harrogate.

Bit frustrating, really!
    Used to work for the Halifax; now works for another bank. Any comments are my opinion or suggestion, not a recommendation!
  • I have used resolver on a delayed flight from Spain to UK. No joy so far. Just received an email from CAA (via Resolver) who say since flight originated in Spain I have to claim via the Spanish equivalent to the CAA. Resolver did not pick this one up.
    Has anyone experienced this problem?
  • Resolver.co.ukResolver.co.uk Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    7 posts
    Hi beetwaste,

Sadly, we are aware that our current postcode lookup tool isn't as good as it ought to be, but we are actively on the lookout for a solution to this.

For now, though, all we can do is apologise - although it is worth mentioning that this is not a mandatory field when creating a complaint, and you can manually enter your address into the template letter on the next page in the complaint creation flow.

Hope that helps assuage the frustration a little and thank you for the feedback - we will hopefully be able to stick this particular problem on the 'fixed' pile soon!

Matt
    Resolver
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of Resolver.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected]
  • I have used resolver on a delayed flight from Spain to UK. No joy so far. Just received an email from CAA (via Resolver) who say since flight originated in Spain I have to claim via the Spanish equivalent to the CAA. Resolver did not pick this one up.
    Has anyone experienced this problem?
    Hi John,

The CAA are not interested in any departures full stop, don't waste your time with the Spanish one either. They take months to reply and they just side with the Airlines anyway.

My advice would be to use Resolver to complain to the Airline direct. I did and Thomson settled my claim within a couple of weeks, after nearly 18 months of trying myself and getting nowhere.

Good luck with your claim, let us know how you get on.
  • i went through resolver to attempt to claim from iberia for a delayed flight - for starters the emails resolver generated were of the wrong email subject so were initially rejected, when i manually went and changed them, they were accepted.
    However after 2 months of no response and escalating via the resolver process still nothing...
    In the end i went through social media, and was immediately informed to use a process on iberia's site where i have already been given a claim number and the process is moving along. So following resolver's process i had wasted 2 months with no outcome...
  • jonshotton wrote: »
    i went through resolver to attempt to claim from iberia for a delayed flight - for starters the emails resolver generated were of the wrong email subject so were initially rejected, when i manually went and changed them, they were accepted.
    However after 2 months of no response and escalating via the resolver process still nothing...
    In the end i went through social media, and was immediately informed to use a process on iberia's site where i have already been given a claim number and the process is moving along. So following resolver's process i had wasted 2 months with no outcome...
    Hi Jon,

I'm glad to hear your claim is progressing and hopefully Iberia is one of the better airlines who won't drag things out for months or even years like other airlines too many to mention.

In defence of Resolver, I'm sure you already know that they don't actually fight your case for you. All they do is forward your emails and each escalation goes to someone higher up in the chain of command. They obviously have access to the names and email addresses of these higher officials that we can't get hold of, so when you got no response from Iberia, it's not Resolvers fault that they chose to ignore your emails.

Hope your claim is settled quickly, please come back and let us know.