Simply Health, Medicash, do i have to pay for 12 months?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1 reply 919 views
joseph9ajoseph9a Forumite
149 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Hi there,

I have a disability and require regular physiotherapy, and I have been with Simply Health before but left as it was through my payroll and there was an error and they told me I was no longer covered.

My query is, can I join Simply Health, Medicash or whoever it may be and once I have used up my allowance, lets say £500 can I leave or do I have to stay for 12 months?

My idea was that if I signed upto one for 4 months at a time and used up my allowance and left. I would be able to get a years worth of physiotherapy for £1,500 and pay roughly £35 a month so £420. Is this possible? and after a year go back the one I was originally with?

Also can you be with 2 health policies at the same time or no? Does anyone know of any big names besides the ones I have mentioned Simply Health and Medicash.

Many Thanks

Joe

Replies

• ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine it would be a year's contract so you'd have to pay for the year, even if you decide to leave early. Also, they often exclude anything that is chronic/long term so you'd need to check the terms and conditions carefully to see if the physio will be covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals