Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Offer from Sky..

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
16 replies 2K views
wdycaiwdycai Forumite
81 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
I used the MSE code for broadband and line rental from Sky at the beginning of the year, and pay £12.50 a month for both.

Yesterday I recived a telephone call from Sky to say that because I had been a loyal customer they want to offer me a TV package with a 75% discount.

They have offered me the family bundle for £5.75 a month. There is no connection fee, and it's a 12 month contract.
After my broadband package ends the cost of the TV package will go up to £8 something a month if I end the broadband package.

I thought this was a good deal and since I am at home for the next year, I would have the time to make use of these tv channels.

But having previously had some bad experiences with Virgin, I.e sales people telling me just about anything to get me to stay with them... I am wondering if anyone else has a similar package for a similar price?
Because the price sounds really good, which is making me worried!
Nothing ever lasts forever...

Replies

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.Family bundle is listed at £33 per month so £5.75 is 82.5% (ish) off !!!
    2. At the end of the "free" bband period -75% off would be £8.25 but presumably this would be for the remaining part of the 12 month period.

Does this include free install of dish and new SkyHD+ box? If so ,deffo sounds too good to be true!!
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    brewerdave wrote: »
    1.Family bundle is listed at £33 per month so £5.75 is 82.5% (ish) off !!!
    2. At the end of the "free" bband period -75% off would be £8.25 but presumably this would be for the remaining part of the 12 month period.

Does this include free install of dish and new SkyHD+ box? If so ,deffo sounds too good to be true!!

It's akin to the offer of free family package and broadband given to ex-O2 customers paying line rental.
  • The representative told me that it is normally £8.25 but as I will also have the broadband and the phone... for the duration of me having all 3 the price for the tv will be £5.75 as you get a £2.50 discount for having all 3. I have since had an email from sky to confirm that the installation etc wi be free.
    If they have offered the same thing to other people I would be more then happy with it.
  • ScroungerScrounger Forumite
    819 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Seems an amazingly good deal. Get them to confirm in writing. :j

Scrounger
  • Okay. Will do. Thanks.
  • Okay we had sky come to install the service today. They had not previously updated our account online, and the person I spoke to last week said that it wouldn't be updated until after the installation.
    After the installation I checked my online account, and it is showing a charge of £31.15!
    I called Sky and to cut a two hour long phone call short,I was told that when I signed up to the discounted tv it took off the discounted line rental and broadband!
    They then offered me £23.45 a month for keeping all 3 things as that was the best discount they can do! I asked them to send me this information in writing and they sent me the terms and conditions of signing up for it, and confirming that it would be a 12 month contract.
    I then changed my mind, and said I wanted to go back to what we previously had, ie Phone and board and for £12.50 a month, for the remaining duration of that contract..
    Was told I could no longer go back to that as I had agreed to a new 12 month contract when we talked about the renewal! Was told the best they could offer me was £17.50 a month for the phone and broadband!

So even though I was promised £18.50 a month for tv, phone and broadband by the person selling me the service, I am now paying £23.45 a month!
    Very annoyed with this!
    Have made a complaint to sky about the person who sold me the package last week, but they seemed really reluctant to make a complaint and that hasn't filled me with confidence..

But anyone else being offered a good deal from sky please be aware.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Accepting any new offers always automatically ends any previous deals. I don't see any reason for complaint, to be honest.
  • Thanks for your post,i to got the £12.50 deal through mse, I have already informed sky that I don't want an upgrade,although it does not stop them calling my mobile and landline,your experience makes me more determined to ignore them.
  • Firstly, it is clearly stated in your T's & C'c that changing your package ends offers. It has also been discussed on here countless times. When you signed up for your new deal Sky also send you details of your new deal & the terms. I can understand why you feel like you have been mis-sold but I don't believe you have.

Secondly, if you are receiving marketing calls you don't want you can opt-out in your preferences, by the online chat or by email.
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been previously discussed that taking a new offer on tv, invalidates any existing offer (eg free movies when they already have half price Family pack), but many have found that they can get independent offers for tv and bb/phone.
This discussion has been closed.