Do I need a solicitor to pay house off...

I currently have a house which I have paid mortgage off on. But when I originally bought house, I was given a 49k loan from KeyWorker Government scheme. I have had house valued and its a worth a tad more now than when I bought I now owe Keyworker scheme 65k.

Now I want to pay this back as a lump sum in the next few weeks (that will be all my money gone!) but need to know whether I will need to employ a solicitor to oversee this. I will not be getting out another mortgage so thought perhaps because there is no third party, I could just send them a cheque for 65k and that would be that or does it not work like that.?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides