Tesco Mobile

Options
Sorry if something like this has already been posted, I havent been on here in months.

Got two good deals with Tescos in the past week I had to share.

My dad and I both wanted 32gb Iphone 5s but were put off with EE demanding near £300 for the handset.

I got us both on tesco with 4G service (uses the 02 network) with a free phone each.

So no upfront cost for the phones. Dad has 2gb a month data, 5000 txts and 2000 mins. I have 3gb data. 5000 txts and 3000 mins.

His costs £38.50 a month, mine costs £40.50

We get tesco clubcard points every month. Phone arrived within 2 days and numbers transferred within 5 days.

EE said the most they could offer us off the handsets was £150, meaning it would cost £150 each. They basically thanked us for 2 years with them and said take tesco deal.

For me I was always going because my work only gets o2 signal due to a boost box we had installed.

I compared my 4G speeds against EE before my contract went and Tesco was just a tiny bit faster in my house

The switch process was really simple and the phone costs £23.50 each a month.. 0% interest. Once its paid our price plans drop to £15 and £17 respectfully.

Another bonus of tesco is that they dont put your price plan up with RPI each year thats their promise.

Can not recommend them enough.

Also (in greater london) I finally get phone signal in my nans house!

Comments

• billsavings
    Options
    mumbles87 wrote: »
    I got us both on tesco with 4G service (uses the 02 network) with a free phone each.

If your paying for the phones £23.50 x 24 your paying £564 pound for each for them.

Hardly Free !
  • mumbles87
    Options
    If your paying for the phones £23.50 x 24 your paying £564 pound for each for them.

Hardly Free !

Well EE wanted £300 off my dad and £150 off me for the phones and to pay £38.99 a month for him and £42 a month for me so its a hell of a saving over 2 years
  • mumbles87
    Options
    Malcnascar wrote: »
    Tesco 30 day sim only your dads would cost £17.50 and yours £22.50.. So his phone is £21.00 x 24 = £504 and yours £18 x 24 = £432

I like this way of looking at it!

I also like the fact that I can over pay tesco for the phone.. which knocks off what I owe them for the phone.

I can also pay off the whole balance in say 6 months time and go get a new phone they will let me out the £17 a month contract for the airtime.

Plus when 24 months (or the balance of the phone is reached) my contract drops down to £17 and my dads £15 instantly. no calling them. Thats good service
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    Just remember to do tonight's update to IOS8 via itunes or your pc or you won't have much of a data allowance left :)
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Options
    Just remember to do tonight's update to IOS8 via itunes or your pc or you won't have much of a data allowance left :)

Or over wifi ;)
  • mumbles87
    Options

mobile data turned off just incase!
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    wiogs wrote: »
    Or over wifi ;)

Oh yeah forgot that lol.

I reckon we are going to have a lot of posts about data charges later this month. I just read somewhere that the IOS8 update is a 1.1GB download. £110 at 10 per MB which a lot seem to charge for out of bundle data.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure