Talkmobile potentially scammed me?

Options
As of recent I have taken out a new contract with O2 as I wasn't satisfied with Talk-mobile. I went in to CPW at the start of July to cancel the contract and instead they gave me a number to call. So I called talkmobile customer services to find that I must give a months notice. So I proceeded to tell them I wished to cancel the contract and that the last bill would be received a month from this date in August, so after I received this bill the sim deactivated and therefore I guessed the contract was finished.

One month on from then I received another bill from talkmobile for a STAGGERING £204.97, I see no way this bill could of amassed. Any queries suggesting that I could of gone over the allowance on my final month are invalid as there was a £10 excess charge cap, as I had gone over in the past and received bills for £50-£60 in the past which I have paid.

Is there any possible cause for this before I take it up with them?

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    Yes. Your contract didn't run for the minimum term (usually 24 months).
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there any possible cause for this before I take it up with them?
    It may be that the Talk Mobile contract had not reached it's minimum term
    When did you take out the contract and what was the minimum term ?
    It's not just about the money
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What kind of original contract did you take out where the monthly sub was '£50-60'?!
    As above, if you are still in minimum term then the charge will be an ETC-so how about telling us what the bill actually states?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • RockyIV2014
    Options
    The contract was in it's minimum term as the 24 months was completed at the end of June.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2014 at 11:27PM
    Options
    I assume you meant "wasn't". Then possibly you exceeded your pro-rata allowance thinking you'd have a full month. Contracts rarely end on the exact bundle renewal date.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The bill must specify what the extra charges were for? You appear to have been racking up c. £20 per month in excess charges anyway, so you must have some idea. Data, calls-what have you been being billed extra for until now?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport