Council Issued ECN on the street

Hello, been a while since I posted.
must have had a few trouble free years

I have had a council issued Excess charge notice.

I am looking at the ticket and it does not tell me how to appeal it.

looking briefly at MSE help pages it should and that in itself could be a reason to appeal.

are there any super clever people who can help me with this?

Thanks
DjK-UK: 2 Kids + 1 Wife = The only ways I can't save money.

Replies

• pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best take this to the experts at the Pepipoo Forum. :)
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ECN, that's not decriminalised parking so its magistrates court I believe if not paid. Please check on pepipoo as suggested above, but don't delay.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    ECN, that's not decriminalised parking so its magistrates court I believe if not paid. Please check on pepipoo as suggested above, but don't delay.
    Correct. That is if its a genuine ECN - Excess Charge Notice. There have been instances in recent years where what appear to be local council ECN's have actually been issued by private parking companies "on their behalf" - notably VCS/Excel at Bawtry but there is at least one other. ECN's pre-date the TMA 2004 and there are far fewer requirements that they need to meet - unlike decriminalised PCN's issued under the terms of the TMA.

There is no standard nor formal appeals process other than to the council (issuers). If the ECN is not paid - ultimately - the council are likely to issue a Magistrates Court summons.

Before you take yourself off to PePiPoo it might be worth identifying where the ECN was issued.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides