Unable to fully access internet on android phone

I am finding it very difficult to get decent internet access on my android phone - a Sony Xperia. All I can get from a search is a list of results which I then cannot access. It happens all the time. Today I was shopping with OH when I wanted to compare prices of something I wanted to buy. So I turned on data traffic on my phone, checked I had a signal and asked Google to look it up.

It found the item, both using their new voice app and by typing it in, but that was all, I could not get beyond the list of search results, could not open any of them. The little circle on the top left just revolved and revolved and revolved slowly. The selected result simply could not be retrieved. I tried another result, same thing.

Now my phone is not the most powerful so I asked OH who has a top of the range Samsung Galaxy to check it out. Same thing happened to him except he got a message eventually saying something like, Google cannot respond at this time. We were near a Cafe Nero so he tried their network. Same thing. Then we went round the corner and he tried via the cloud and his 3G, this time it just froze on him.

We keep getting this and it is almost impossible to look anything up on line on either of our android phones. You get as far as searching and a list of search results, but no further. We are both on Orange.

Any views?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Clear browser cache first ,
  • usignuolo
    usignuolo Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    sorry to appear dim, how do I do that on an android phone. When I select google option, I get a message offering to let me speak my question or type in a search - I can't see where to clear browser?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    Forumite
    Browser settings or phone settings application manager your browser clearer cache .
    There are multiple phones and multiple Android versions the above is a generic guess .
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    It could be a DNS server issue, which mobile operator are you with?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Strider590 wrote: »
    It could be a DNS server issue, which mobile operator are you with?
    We keep getting this and it is almost impossible to look anything up on line on either of our android phones. You get as far as searching and a list of search results, but no further. We are both on Orange.

Orange, she said it.
  • securityguy
    securityguy Posts: 2,462
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "So I turned on data traffic on my phone"

Why was it turned off?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,612
    Forumite
    usignuolo wrote: »
    sorry to appear dim, how do I do that on an android phone. When I select google option, I get a message offering to let me speak my question or type in a search - I can't see where to clear browser?
    Settings -> Apps -> scroll through list to find your browser - > select your browser -> select clear cache button. Try selecting the force stop option as well after clearing the cache.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What version of Android are you (and your OH) on? To be honest I can't really think of anything that would cause this on both the EE network and wifi. Does data on the phone work as expected when you are home and connected to your own wifi?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure