Anyone know Southampton (Eastleigh) Airport?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
5 replies 630 views
snowleopard61snowleopard61 Forumite
787 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
It's a long time since I flew anywhere so things have moved on in the interim, with online check-in and so on.

Next week we are flying from Southampton with Flybe, and I'm confused by the information given about checking in online and printing. Access to a printer will not be easy in the 36 hours before our flight (the period when online check-in becomes available), and I also haven't got a smartphone to receive an electronic version of the boarding pass (or whatever it is that you get when you check in). They do mention self-service kiosks with printing facilities, and I wondered whether we could just use these when we turned up a couple of hours before our flight? Otherwise I'll have to go to a library or somewhere to check in the day before and print off the information there. (I can't do it at work because I'll be on leave!!)

I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Life is mainly froth and bubble
Two things stand like stone —
Kindness in another’s trouble,
Courage in your own.
Adam Lindsay Gordon

Replies

• Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flybe have self service check in machines at nearly all their airports, Southampton being a major departure point for them, you should find plenty to use. Just leave yourself enough time to print the boarding passes and then go to a drop off point with your luggage, they are not Ryanair!
  • redpeteredpete Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do have a number of self-service check-in terminals, you can also do it the traditional way and check in with a real attendant. Either way you will have plenty of time if you arrive 2 hours before departure (it's not a big airport!).
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • snowleopard61snowleopard61 Forumite
    787 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both. We will do this - quite a relief.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble
    Two things stand like stone —
    Kindness in another’s trouble,
    Courage in your own.
    Adam Lindsay Gordon
  • Obviously_the_bestObviously_the_best Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are self check-in machines. You have to be careful though, as from memory they print very delicate passes on receipt type paper?

Southampton is still great to fly from. Small, quick and easy.
    OTB :D

Always happy to help (ba-da-ba-ba-ba ching ching)
  • rustyboy21rustyboy21 Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    It is a good airport, just a nightmare if the motorway gets jammed up.

Have used the self service kiosks, just scans your passport and prints pass on paper which can only be described as thinner than IZAL loo roll ! lol

Is a good airport but nothing to do, so take something to read and something for the kids, if you have any.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals