Flue for woodburner

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
2 replies 791 views
lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
55.3K Posts
I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭✭✭
I think our flue might need replacing.

There is a little smoke in an upstairs room when the stove is lit, like a pub in the old days :D

Flue goes all the way up in a Georgian house with quite high ceilings.

Stove is a clearview. Is anyone able to brace me for what cost is likely to be before I call the stove repair people?

I'm thinking of having a vermont castings stove put in another room next year and we have central heating now, so while would miss real fire might be worth combining jobs to do next year to try and get a better deal on the two jobs combined.

Replies

• No doubt there is a problem here, do nto use the stove untill it has been resolved.

A stainless steel liner needs to be installed into the chimney, cost will depend on how long it needs to be and what grade of liner you select. Burning wood with occasional smokeless fuel use then 316 grade is fine, burning smokeless fuel on more than an occasional basis then use 904 grade.

Costs, for a 10m flue liner and associated fittings look at around £600 in 316 grade and £700 in 904 grade using a good quality British made Firemaster liner. Cost would include a CO2 alarm as now legally required.

Add to that the installers fee for installing it and signing it off as safe to use.

A
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, no, we will not be using it till its is done. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals