Train : Multi stop tickets.

getmore4less
getmore4less Posts: 46,882
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
Forumite
edited 26 July 2014 at 12:00PM in Public transport & cycling
Thanks in advance if anyone can help don't do trains much and when we do it is single returns

Is there a site that you can price up a multi stop train trip.

The trip that is wanted has two leave the station stops for a few hours.
Travel should be off peak.

Southampton->Woking->London->Southampton

Don't think you can use a return(the same train stops a woking) end got off/on at woking,
I guess a return and single would work and I think cheape than a return split.
Southwest that run the trains don't seem to have a day ticket.

Any suggestions?

edit:
Just seen southwest summer offer so realised the date is important.

THis will be Oct 15th

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Maybe consider Megatrain for the London to Southampton leg.
    Tickets aren't available for your date yet, but in the evening of Wednesday 3rd September that can be done for £6.00.

Also for that return leg, £5 Advance Singles are available on your date from Victoria on Southern Trains via Gatwick. It does take two and a half hours that way though.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    Thanks.

not for me for a visitor.

They need to be back in southampton before the late mega train so for now that does not work,

the single on southern is quite promising depend what they plan to do in london it may be the locations of things fit better with one of the station options so 1/2 hour extra is not that much of an issue.
  • Suggest you look at the National Rail website and see what "break of journey" conditions apply to each type of ticket - THEN - before you buy, ask at a station if what you think is permissible, actually is.

Here's one for O/P tickets:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46590.aspx
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There is a Super Off Peak Day Return or an Off Peak Day Return available. There is no break of journey restriction.
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,325
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just to clarify for you. With either Super Off Peak Day Return or an Off Peak Day Return from Southampton to London, you can get on and off at Woking or any other intermediate stations as much as you like. Whether you need Super Off Peak Day Return or an Off Peak Day Return depends on the day and time of travel. If the day and time of travel are not Off Peak, then the more expensive Anytime tickets also allow you to get on and off as much as you like on your journey.

On 15th October the earliest departure from Southampton for an Off Peak Day Return (£41.90) is the 8.30 which gets to Woking at 9.24. Earlier than that you would need the Anytime ticket. (£77.60) If you did have to go early it would be worth getting the Anytime return to Southampton to Woking for £45.50 and an off peak day return Woking to London for £16.70, total £62.20. This OK as long as you leave Woking late enough, and the return train stops at Woking.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    Thanks that is really helpful did not realise there was unlimited breaks in trips.

The outbound is likely to be around 10:30am so the off peak will work nicely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure