Collection only item. Collect between 9-11 Saturday only.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
6 replies 1.2K views
forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
31.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
Been looking for an item, As they are fairly bulky its a collection only item usually.

So looking fairly close to home. Found one that ebay says is only 5 miles. Err more like 15-20 but thats OK.

Check the terms, Working daytime, No evening collections and no collections on Sunday. Saturday it is then... err yes but only between
9am and 11am..

Maybe i should have titled this howto rule out a lot of buyers and sell your item for pennies.
Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Replies

• ZeitgeistZeitgeist Forumite
    309 Posts
    These stipulations would put lots of other people off. If you can meet these criteria you should get a bargain. :-)
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
  • bxboardsbxboards Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The delivery slots are pretty specific, but I've had buyers who want to turn up at 11:30pm at night!
  • mrs_sparrowmrs_sparrow Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    But on the plus side, at least you'll know when they are not there to rob them.

I never understand why people advertise when there are not going to be people in their property - Facebook and eBay.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive lost it... I cannot find the item now.. Damn looks like i may miss out on a bargain. Silly of me not to add it to my watch list.

Cannot remember when it ended either so maybe i missed it? I bet it went for pennies.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mrs_sparrowmrs_sparrow Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Is it in your internet history? Open the pages and see if it is listed there.
  • phoebe1989sebphoebe1989seb Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bxboards wrote: »
    The delivery slots are pretty specific, but I've had buyers who want to turn up at 11:30pm at night!

Same here - before we started doing eBay as a business a few years back we sold a sofa to a guy that turned up at 2.30am :eek: to collect in a van we were convinced was stolen.....he then confessed he didn't even hold a UK driving licence :eek:
    :j Mortgage-free for twelve years! :j

:T Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed :T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides