IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Late CP Plus Appeal

Hi Everyone,

I am a late appealer. Only got to read the updated information today on receipt of letter n.2 from CP Plus.

I broke down on the m25 on 29th May. Highways Agency were aware of me breaking down and monitoring the situation. RAC then asked me to follow him to get off the motorway hard shoulder to repair the car. We made it to Clackett Lane Services where the RAC took 3 hours to fix my car before I was road worthy. I had no idea of the car parking time limits until I got the letter.

The photo they sent shows the RAC van behind my car. I was also able to talk to the RAC man who of course hasn't received a similar notice!

I have sent the template email to CP Plus (thanks!). So hope to get a response.

I've read lots around the subject on this forum ... but my question now is ... do I go ahead and write to POPLA and Clackett Lane services? Or do I wait for CP Plus to respond?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,608
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wait for CP Plus to respond - you cannot contact POPLA yet. But certainly also go ahead and complain to Clackett Lane Services, this is why - look:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4994892

Complaining works!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yeh, i really want to complain to them. In a complaint to Clacket Lane or Roadchef, I would assume I go into detail ... is that safe to do? Or should I continue to be careful with my wording until I submit something to Popla?

Sorry for being pedantic but don't want to stick my foot in it at this stage.
    Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Go into detail talking about the car and 'the driver' in the third person. Write as the registered keeper who is very annoyed at getting this postal PCN out of the blue.
  • I sent the letter of complaint to roadchef last night and got a reply this morning.

"That all said we do value all our customers and in the interests of customer service we have cancelled your car parking charge notice number with CPPlus car parking contractors.

Thank you for using Roadchef and for taking the time to contact us."

Thanks for everything
    :T

• Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Yay, that's two services fake PCNs cancelled in two days, just by complaining! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure