Currys , for hassle,hassle and more hassle

HASSLE,HASSLE AND MORE HASSLE

Terrible service, booked a day off work to receive a freezer,it arrived damaged ,they took it away.Had to phone customer services no more in stock but more in soon.Waited over 2 weeks for a second one, another day off work,it failed after less than a day and ruined all my food.
After a mega amount of phone calls,emails ,stress and hassle Currys eventually agreed to refund it .They never showed up on the arranged day to pick it up,a glitch in their system apparently.
The faulty freezer was eventually uplifted. No refund arrived back in my account as agreed.Another glitch in system I was told. More chasing and I have eventually been refunded.

The +'s I have now been refunded.
The -'s 4 days off work, a lot of stress and hassle I could have done without.

Comments

• Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 June 2014 at 9:47AM
    Ah, they haven't improved then.

Eight years ago I bought a washing machine for my mum from them and paid for them to deliver and install it at her home as I didn't live there and she was a little old lady. When I saw her a week later they hadn't fitted it because the 'installer's declared the hot and cold fitments weren't good enough. I fitted it and it's been working fine ever since.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • Def haven't changed - my Father & I decided to buy a fridge freezer from then in the 1980's. We specifically wanted one where door opening could be swopped over before it was delivered - yes you guessed it was not done. Dad told them to take it away & they refused, but said they could probably do it there & then, but they were not qualified to undo screws etc to do this - they were just van drivers - so dad went with that. When I got home the fridge door had dropped & would not shut. Dad being poorly sited had not realised that, so had signed that all was OK. Took me 2 years to get it sorted properly. I went in with my copy of the order that showed the doors were supposed to be changed before delivery & this is best part, their copy was totally different to mine! Sales guy or someone else had fabricated another sales invoice & had fabricated Dads signature, but it was too purfect a copy, so I knew that it was wrong. Ended up writing to head office in the end about all this & their response time was slow at best. This was before everything was done by PC. My brother stll has it & had to have a new motor on the fridge bit 2 years ago. So it's still going now.
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    AO.com ftw
  • kaya
    kaya Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would go without rather than give currys my money
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    keyser666 wrote: »
    AO.com ftw

Appliances Online - fantastic service. Bought a washing machine first & was very happy with the whole on-line process. So later bought a fridge/freezer, cooker hood, hob and double oven. All arrived on pre arranged day of my choice, emails/texts/calls to confirm delivery & letting me know rough arrival time so I don't waste all day.

Can get more info about their products on-line than you'd ever get from Currys in store. Even have short demo videos so you can see some of the features.

Customer service great, prices competitive, delivery 7 days a week - I'm not shopping anywhere else for these types of products. Can even return stuff if you don't like it...........happy customer. Currys seriously need to pull their socks up to compete.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Never had an issue with Curry's. Ever.
  • rustyboy21 wrote: »

Lucky you. Well done.
  • dors01
    dors01 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rustyboy21 wrote: »

I have never really had a bad experience in the small number of times I have shopped with them, but I think it really depends which store you go to and who the staff are.
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    OP might be worth writing to Currys (recorded mail!), or #nameandshame them on twitter, asking for compo re lost food, wages etc..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure