new bank account - credit score affected?

Hi

Im trying to get a mortgage. Already had an agreement in principle but its ran out and ive had a payrise so will need to go through all that again once I find a house.
Im with the coop at the moment and have all my deposit in a linked savings account with them.
Because of everything in the news about the coop I want to switch but have heard it can affect my credit score and chances of securing a mortgage.

I was thinking of just opening another savings account with another bank and ditching the money there and keeping my coop open till we get a house?

Can anyone advise me if this will have an adverse impact on my credit score? I would imagine its fine at the moment. I use my credit card every month and pay it off in full (yes martin I get it) plus phone contract, catalogue etc etc.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    One extra credit search in your credit file has very little and short-lasting effect in general, and is unlikely to affect mortgage application at all.

However, opening a savings account normally doesn't involve a credit search.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure