Travel insurance for volunteering work

I'm going to Namibia in October for 2 weeks to work on a wildlife conservation park (working directly with the animals). I need travel insurance but I'm not sure if it needs to be a special one for this particular case, or any travel insurace will do.. I've read the policies of some of them and all exclude working with animals so I'm a bit worried.. googling I can't find any insurance company that offers this type of insurance either.

Any advice?

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I don't think a standard Travel Insurance will be correct, unless they agree to it. Don't buy from the internet. You need to explain what you will be doing and need a human to accept the risk.

STA Travel Insurance may be able to help

Harrison Beaumont brokers may be able to help, as they can arrange cover for activity/working holidays.

PJ Hayman Brokers may be able to negotiate relevant cover.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Many thanks for your reply, will try those.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure