New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Good Morning thread

edited 8 September 2015 at 9:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
24K replies 917.6K views
joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
17.9K posts
Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 8 September 2015 at 9:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
Well, we've got a goodnight thread so let's have a good morning one as well.

Good morning everybody :hello:
Me and the dog have had our morning constitutional and shortly I shall be venturing forth to the big Tesco to do my fortnightly shop. When I get home I've got 3 hours work related admin and paperwork to do :(

The weather here is a bit nippy but at least there's no fog.
floraison.gif
Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Replies

• torbrextorbrex
    71.4K posts
    Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit! Post of the Month Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning :)

The sky has gone from a deep shade of pink to orange and looks lovely, I'm hoping that it will stay dry but I have my doubts.

Nothing to do today so I may just catch up on some housework/baking that I've been putting off all week, I might even trim my beard (yes I'm that bored already)
  • ~Chameleon~~Chameleon~ Forumite
    12K posts
    Morning :wave:

Rubbish night's sleep yet again. Off to the gym shortly but may return to bed when I get back. Or rather doze on the sofa whilst mindlessly reading MSE and watching crap telly ;)
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • littleredhenlittleredhen Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning:hello::hello::coffee:

Kids away with the idiot, oops I mean the ex

Five days of mmmm what shall I do with myself!

On two weeks holiday, work in a school, yeah:T

Will read the paper, potter about and generally please myself:rotfl:

Have a happy Saturday all you lovely people
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning :wave:

Nice to see a good morning thread back :)

I am lazing in bed watching crap TV :D
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all. Lots of aching muscles this morning after yesterday's strenuous outdoors spring cleaning ... scrubbed the patio, cleaned up the garden furniture, gathered fallen leaves, swept the walkways and hosed down the walls and windows.

Forecast looks quite good so I'm planning a lazy day just pottering around the garden doing some light pruning. :)
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • KateBobKateBob Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    Good morning :wave:

Nice to see a good morning thread back :)

I am lazing in bed watching crap TV :D

Me too, just checking your not in here with me ......
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • tommixtommix Forumite
    41.3K posts
    Good Morning..I'm off to visit a Tin Mine in Cornwall.:beer:
  • KateBobKateBob Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    tommix wrote: »
    Good Morning..I'm off to visit a Tin Mine in Cornwall.:beer:

Have fun, we went down one last summer where you could post a letter at the bottom.

If you want to impress them ask how the cornish flag got it's colours.
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • tommixtommix Forumite
    41.3K posts
    Kate/Bob wrote: »
    Have fun, we went down one last summer where you could post a letter at the bottom.

If you want to impress them ask how the cornish flag got it's colours.

Thanks..It's the missus, she's an avid Fan of 'The Wizard of Oz'. It's kind of an annual pilgrimage. After the Tin Mine I take her to the Zoo to visit the Lions.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support