Shared Ownership Mortgage needed for 6 year ex BR

Hi

My husband and I are trying to find a lender to assist us in purchasing a shared ownership property..........however, due to me becoming seriously ill 7 years ago and having to give up work (I was the main earner), my husband and I (after much soul searching) declared ourselves bankrupt 6 years ago.

Based on my husbands income, (as I am currently still unable to work, although I should be having an operation by the summer that will mean I will be able to return to work), having considered the options, saved a 10% deposit, and been approved by a local HA, we would like to buy based on the details below.......

Purchase Price £162,500
HA share £81,250 (50%)
Mortgage required £73,125 (90% of share)
Deposit available £8,125 (we could possibly raise this to £12,187.50/15%)
Mortgage type Repayment
Term 25-30 years

We have spoken to lenders who will lend despite our BR, and lenders that will do Shared Ownership, but we cannot find one that will do both. Therefore, based on the information above, does anybody have any suggestions of lenders that may consider the proposition??

Any help would be gratefully received!! Thank you!

Replies

• kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not until six years after discharge, sorry.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides