has your toddler used this medicine "erythromycin"?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1 reply 1.3K views
Deals_2Deals_2 Forumite
2.4K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
i believe my daughter used it in the past for an eye infection and this time the doctor thought she might have (though was not sure) impetigo (rash type on arm) so she gave her this medicine again. this is an antibiotic and she seems to get a diarrhea from it after a few days (now i remember the same as last time) so have stopped it. are there any other medicines which are natural that could be taken instead? will also ask doctor but i realise that they dont know anything as i was told that impetigo is not catchy by the doctor and on the web and at the nursery school i saw/heard otherwise! thanks

Replies

• GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this: Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals