Spare toileteries

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
4 replies 662 views
noonesperfectnoonesperfect Forumite
1.8K Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I've been having a bit of tidy in my bathroom cupboards today (chucking it down outside and don't want to go anywhere!)

Like most of us ladies I'm a sucker for bogofs etc, but then something new comes along and the "free" one gets left on the cupboard. Or I try something a couple of times and decide I don't like it.

I've got everything from toothpaste (unopened obviously - gone onto non-SLS type now) to disposable razors.

Can anyone help me find them a good home/deserving cause, I hate waste, but I shan't use them myself?
:wave:

Replies

• ailuro2ailuro2 Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand them in to your local homeless shelter- they would make good use of them.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Garnet_GemGarnet_Gem Forumite
    681 Posts
    Couldn't you use it all? It would mean buying no toiletries for a while so you could spend your money on other things.
  • wendymwendym Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    I have given similar things to both our local homeless shelter and a women's refuge. They were both delighted to get them.

Edited to add:

During a sale, I stocked up on warm socks, and when I sorted out my drawers realised I could start a shop, so took a load to the homeless 'have a cup of tea' base. They were really pleased, cos they said they would go to people who probably couldn't remember having something new to wear.
  • noonesperfectnoonesperfect Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    ailuro2 wrote: »
    Hand them in to your local homeless shelter- they would make good use of them.

I'll find out where it is.
    :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs