corporate bond isa

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 943 views
lannb100lannb100 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
In Jan 2006 I invested 4000 pounds in a Corporate Bond ISA with Legal and General. The money went into a Fixed Interest Trust and the current value is 3923.00. I'm unsure whether to sell or stick with it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not been a good period for fixed interest sector. However, you have only been in there 18 months and you didn't invest it for that short a period. There will be periods where returns are low or it goes down.

You could consider spreading the investment more. Putting it all in one fund is old fashioned investing and will result in lower returns over the long run. You could have picked 4 different funds, even in similar sectors but with slight variances. You can still do this at zero cost.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • garagemcgaragemc Forumite
    36 Posts
    I think it was just bad timing, think of it like this, when interest rates go up, bond values go down.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals