Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Things that made you smile - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Things that made you smile

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
4.8K replies 276.6K views

Replies

• Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K posts
    davsidipp wrote: »
    My steam mop :D

Someone's easily pleased.:p

What made me smile within the last few days:
    - On Monday, I asked for a non-emergency GP appointment. I was seen yesterday. Came out and asked for another appointment and got that for this morning.
    - Now changed medication; so hopefully won't be feeling hungry all the time. Just got to remember to take it 3 times a day now.
    - Won DLA tribunal. Was told some very interesting things about colour blindess. Can't remember what they were now. :p
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • MoneyMateMoneyMate Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    funny-photoshop-08.jpg
    Now THIS is Funny.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • MissliMissli Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    TROLLS---1992-001.jpg :eek:
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • Mrs_BonesMrs_Bones Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking pass the full priced daffodils because I thought they were too expensive then finding some in the price reduction bucket for a quarter of the price. :)
    [FONT=&quot]“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.4K posts
    Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit! Post of the Month Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The smile on a complete strangers face this afternoon when I gave her a jar of jam :)
  • Mrs_RyanMrs_Ryan Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nottingham Forest 5 West Ham United 0.

Still.
    I was at Meadow Lane on Sunday watching Notts Rugby play Ealing. I still giggle at some of the startled looks on the faces of the lads warming up in an otherwise quiet stadium when the roar came from the City Ground :D

Today what made me smile- finding out that my beloved Notts Rugby have been saved from administration by a management buy out with guaranteed funding for the next 3 years. :T

And selling my necklace unexpectedly on Buy it Now on EBay for a much needed tenner. :)
    Open University 2:1 Graduate 2017; MA graduate DMU 2019- MERIT!! Round 2 OU 2018- BSc Combined STEM (Sports Psychology) Year 1 PASS! E117 &DE100. Year 2- E235 and U214 .
    Civil Partnered 15/02/20
    #TheEllisGengeFanClub
    o:)Elle 20/02/2014 Dad 20/02/2020 Broken-hearted
  • oldhandoldhand Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    54e9v.jpg

One of the young ones in the family and her dog daisy,both asleep made me smile........
  • robin_banksrobin_banks Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    I was at Meadow Lane on Sunday watching Notts Rugby play Ealing. I still giggle at some of the startled looks on the faces of the lads warming up in an otherwise quiet stadium when the roar came from the City Ground :D

Today what made me smile- finding out that my beloved Notts Rugby have been saved from administration by a management buy out with guaranteed funding for the next 3 years. :T

And selling my necklace unexpectedly on Buy it Now on EBay for a much needed tenner. :)

I was at the City Ground.

Pleased about Notts Rugby.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading [email protected]".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sons going back to school. Washed, brushed, in uniform. (Proud Beaminging Grin!)
    And utter zombies as they'd ignored our reminders about sleep being a good idea...
  • gallygirlgallygirl Forumite
    17.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evil-penguin-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Don't care if it's real, just makes me smile every time :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"