Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Things that made you smile

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Things that made you smile

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
4.8K replies 277.2K views
Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
23.1K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. :) She also taps to go out.
Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
50p saver #40 £20 banked
Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25

Replies

• torbrextorbrex
    71.4K posts
    Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit! Post of the Month Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    sh1305 wrote: »
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. :) She also taps to go out.
    :T
    That is a wonderful reminder of my dog many years ago, she would sit or lie beside the back door for hours at a time but it wasn't until she tapped it that she actually wanted to go out and it was the same coming back in, I often had to step over her to get through the door but if she wasn't quite ready, she would just lie there :rotfl:
  • Yesterday I looked down from the top deck of the bus and I saw a load of little birds bathing in a puddle in a field. The way they were dipping and splashing about made me smile. But then I am a bit of a twitcher :o I love bird-watching.
    The report button is for abusive posts, not because you don't like someone, or their opinions
  • amistupidamistupid Forumite
    56K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Baldy man's Hamlet ad, I keep it on my favourites, it always makes me smile, better than Prozac. :D

photobooth.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0SbVFxl64A
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the latest GoCompare ad on telly last night - that made me smile :)
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amistupid wrote: »
    Baldy man's Hamlet ad, I keep it on my favourites, it always makes me smile, better than Prozac. :D

photobooth.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0SbVFxl64A

:rotfl: Definitely one of my favourites too.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • My baby
    <<<<<

My OH's clumsiness. (Actually I nearly wet myself laughing most of the time)

A really good poo.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • robin_banksrobin_banks Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Nottingham Forest 5 West Ham United 0.

Still.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading [email protected]".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This Panda selfie :rotfl:

download.jpg
  • welshbookwormwelshbookworm Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man U 1 SWANSEA 2
    :)
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife made me smile this morning (behave you lot!)

Bear in mind that until September she has endured nearly 40 years of having to get up to the alarm at 5:30am to prepare for a long journey to school.

This morning at around 8:00am I was awake and aware that she was obviously having a dream. Suddenly she sat up in bed still half asleep, looked at the bedside clock and said 'Oh no, I'm going to be late!!!'

I simply said 'Shush, remember you're retired now dear' and still half asleep she collapsed back on the pillow. There was a very long silence and suddenly she yelled ... 'YEH, I am, I'm retired, I'm retired, oh bliss, I'm retired' ... and then went back to snoring. :rotfl:

Lovely moment that made my day :)
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile