Burton store card

Options
I got a Burton storecard (Santander) in November 2009 with my last payment being made in January 2011, as I decided to stop using it (not entirely sure if I requested it to be closed)

Having recently checked my credit report I saw that this card was still listed for my previous address, although not showing as settled or closed.

I rang up Burton to get them to see whether my account had been closed but as I no longer had any statements or the card itself they couldn't help. They did take down my name and my previous addresses, but again it came up with nothing on their system.

Would I still appear on Burton/Santander's system if I had requested the account to be closed back in 2011? Is there anything I can do to get the account appearing as closed on my credit report?

Thanks

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If Burton/Santander Cards Ltd can't identify you from your name, address (and previous address(es), and DOB, then you might need to ask the CRA to act on your behalf.

It shouldn't be possible to just leave a credit account 'hanging' there, so Experian et al (if they have no luck with Burton/Santander Cards Ltd) may even remove the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure