How useless are BT?

in Phones & TV
3 replies 933 views
oh my god as if the stress of moving was not bad enough I have to deal with the complete incompetence of BT. First they cut me off 1 month early and now after 4 days of phone calls to what feels like every single BT employee I have finally had my phone line connected but no still broadband. Once again I am told it will be reinstated tomorrow - I don't hold out much hope. I've never known such a useless organisation, the management team must be full of mindless morons who spend their days shuffling pieces of paper around.

Replies

• BT_company_representativeBT_company_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Hi martin_j,

I'm sorry that your service was cut off. I can help sort things out from here. You'll find my contact details in my profile.

All the best,

Robbie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martin_j wrote: »
    oh my god as if the stress of moving was not bad enough I have to deal with the complete incompetence of BT. First they cut me off 1 month early and now after 4 days of phone calls to what feels like every single BT employee I have finally had my phone line connected but no still broadband. Once again I am told it will be reinstated tomorrow - I don't hold out much hope. I've never known such a useless organisation, the management team must be full of mindless morons who spend their days shuffling pieces of paper around.
    Your understandable frustration is blatantly obvious but resorting to ranting and insulting personnel you don't know is not going to help.

BT Company Representative has offered to help. Have you made contact?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »

.....BT Company Representative has offered to help. Have you made contact?

The BT Rep "Robbie" is quick to offer help when "BT" gets mentioned across the Web on forums like MSE.

But what about him cynically causing and then ignoring this major problem:

He didn't help all of us wanting to escape BT's price increases by wrongly and badly misinforming us (to BT's advantage) that any of us who had paid 12 months line rental in advance would not be getting a refund, thereby managing to put many off exercising their rights to cancel without penalty!
    .... LRS is a non-refundable product, so we are very sorry but you would not get a refund pro rata if you chose to cancel your contract. Our price change does not affect your agreement with LRS as it is already pre-paid......

MSE members subsequently found this to be untrue, the "we are very sorry.....", just cynical and insincere, and even though posts were made pointing out this "misinformation", BT Rep has chosen to ignore them, meaning the myth/lie was allowed to continue, and many are now tied in to BT and it's increases which they could have avoided had they been told the truth here by the BT Rep in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides