🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Do I buy a Repossesion??

Options
There's a flat I like which is going at quite a cheap rate as it's a repossesion. It was initially advertised at £115k and now an offer has been accepted by a third party at £125k. I want to put an offer in on this flat.

What is the general thinking around buying a reposession? What offer do you think I should put in? What are the advantages vs disadvantages of buying a repossesion? Any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You'd be better off asking on the mortgages board.

But you put the offer in that you think reflects it's worth to you. Other than that, it's business as usual.
  • zac.mar
    Options
    its ok buying a repossession property just check with your mortgage advisor's to check if everything is ok
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport