Aqua gone mad

Options
Back in Sept after being declined a Barclaycard Initial I checked my file saw nothing obvious untoward and decided to apply for the Aqua card. I received the card and have been paying in full since (granted only 2 months and the 3rd is due now) however since this I've had several emails from aqua which states;

"We are sorry we could not offer you one of our credit cards on this occasion" huh?! Email goes on to offer me their free credit report via noddle blah blah blah

Should I risk letting them know that I have a card with them incase they revoke it as I'm trying to build a credit history or just continue to ignore the emails?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Probably marketing splurge which I would ignore.

You wouldn't believe how many letters I have had from BT about BT sports free with their broadband.
    I have had both from the start of the football season LOL
  • guesswho2000
    Options
    That's nothing, back in 2005/6 (I forget exactly when), I applied for an Aqua card and was flat out declined. Then, a week later, the card and PIN arrived. I went on to hold that card for three years or so without issue. Weird!
  • sirwiggum
    Options
    Are the emails addressed specifically to you?

ie. I have a gmail account that is firstname.lastname@gmail.com - and I often get emails due for individuals who share my name. I know what their grandparents are doing for thanksgiving, what type of car they're thinking of buying, their timeshare in Florida, their students' assignments that are going to be late. etc.

Maybe someone with a similar email address is trying to apply but is bashing in your address, they keep getting declined but are wondering where the response emails are going?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure