🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Best card / bank for me??

Options
hey folks,

HERES MY SITUATION:
i live and have a business abroad, im also travelling a lot.
my debit card with one bank, its free to withdraw i think but they always need inform them where im going and can only visit a few countries at a time before they block me from using it. and you all know how frustrating to call bank call centers and of course waste my time and money calling them.

my credit card with another bank, charges me a lot of money to withdraw abroad, and theres an ATM charge on top.

WHAT I NEED:
i need the visa all the facilities, ie pay for stuff online and swipe a card in a shop anywhere in the world

however i dont really need the credit

and of course low withdrawl fees from ATMs as that as thats how i use it the most.

please recomend a card / bank that has all or some of these advantages. or maybe im kidding myself that this exists.

next time im back in blighty i will change up accounts / cards if theres a better option.

thanx for you time

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Halifax Clarity is the usual suspect for fee free foreign transactions, though there are others.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...can only visit a few countries at a time before they block me from using it. ...
    I think this can be a problem with many cards, so it's worth having more than one.

MSE article: Your Card's Overseas Charges
  • labp04
    labp04 Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Risking boos and hisses, it's MetroBank all the way for me with back-ups "just in case". To-date (using their debit and credit card facilities)
    we haven't needed to use a back-up and have used both in many countries throughout Europe and Turkey. The only exception is, for whatever reason, the credit card has never worked at the Auchan filling station at Dunkirk even though it is accepted in the main shop.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If you live and have business abroad it is unlikely that this UK site can offer much help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport