virgin trains

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
2 replies 1.1K views
kellydangerous1kellydangerous1 Forumite
15 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
I need help desperately
3 months ago I booked 4 adults and1 child ticket to London from Manchester .these are e tickets I purchased them with a credit card from vanquish but 2 months later I closed the account with vanquish and had forgot about this booking.

I spoke to virgin trains and explained the situation with them and they advised me to contact vanquish and get a letter from them stating that I owed this card and bring that with me and then it was up to the conductor whether or not we could board the train .I was wondering whether anybody else has had this experience and what the outcome was don't fancy rebuying tickets.

Replies

• jd87jd87 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not clear from your question what the problem is exactly. I assume you are worried because when you are using an e-ticket you are supposed to present a form of ID which you selected at the time of booking, and in your case you selected this credit card (which you no longer have) as the ID.

Whenever I have used an e-ticket on a train I've never once had to show the ID, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• p00hsticksp00hsticks Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying you have disposed of or returned the card itself ?

If so, do you have a credit card statement or perhaps the letter from Vanquish acknowledging the account closure that you could perhaps use in place of the card ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals