Bankrupt Aug 2010: Experian Credit score 776

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
1 reply 737 views
sonnet80ssonnet80s Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
Hi, I've just signed up to Experian for a 30 days trial to see what my credit score is like.

Prior to bankruptcy I'd always had a pretty flawless credit history but a change in career, reduction in earnings and subsequent gambling addiction has caused me to destroy that pretty much.

I'm all new to this so I'd welcome any advice somebody with far better knowledge of the credit scoring system would be willing to offer me. I'm saving now and ideally I would like to get a mortgage around mid 2017. Is that feasible?

This is what the report said: Score 776 'Fair'

NEGATIVE = 1
You have an account regarded as defaulted or delinquent

POSITIVE = 4

The usage of your available credit indicates a lower risk

You have no recent searches on your credit report

The age of your accounts indicates lenders are likely to view you as lower risk

You have a significant number of successfully settled credit accounts

I currently have a credit card and a mobile phone contract. My debit card is a basic account which was designed for a bankrupt and I've never sought to upgrade it.

There's 20 records held re granting of credit to me, 7 of which are 'default' from my banruptcy in Aug 2010. QUESTION: The 'default' dates for these 7 vary, the most recent being 14/1/11, the rest are mostlt Aug & Sept of 2010. The earliest is Feb 2010, 2 are in July 2010. Is this good, bad or irrelevant? Thanks

I had a brief slip and was gambling Jan and Feb of this year, thankfully I haven't gambled since then. During that period I took out a number of short term loans from Wonga.com and Lending Stream, fortunately I was in a position to repay the loans I took out extremely promptly. Has that paradoxically benefitted my credit rating? I obviously don't intend to use such companies again.

Anything I can do other than keep up with credit card payments and mobile phone contract?

Finally, I notice that I appear in public searches as being bankrupt 3/8/2010 will this be removed in 2016? Can I enforce this removal.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals