edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
6 replies 701 views
lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
55.3K Posts
I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
This is a bit inane I suppose, but...

I have very highlighted and low lighted hair. My natural mouse is artificial 'tortoishell' colour:D. (My hair dresser calls it something like shades of blonde.....I have three or four blondes and a brown in there.

Often in autumn I put a little copper or strawberry blonde put through too. Its faded out by the other side of Christmas, red doesn't last well in my hair, but it just cheers up autumn a little! BUT, this year I developed rosacea. Most of the time I am in control of it, but I'm guessing any more warmth in my hair colour won't help flatter the flush in my skin when it occurs?

So should I ignore my usual recipe for autumn hair?:o

Replies

• shegirlshegirl Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    They tend to warn against copper with redness in the face so possibly.Unless you cancel out the redness with a green colour correcter on your face?
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shegirl wrote: »
    They tend to warn against copper with redness in the face so possibly.Unless you cancel out the redness with a green colour correcter on your face?

Yes, that's what I'm thinking :(. I just don't see me using a colour corrector everyday.

Sigh.

Something else goes.

Thanks she girl. :). I just needed someone else to say it because everyone else keeps saying 'it'll be fine.....when I know really its a bad idea. :(

Vanity sucks, huh?
  • shegirlshegirl Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    It does :(

You never know though,there may be a shade of red you could get away with? If not,maybe a different colour?
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shegirl wrote: »
    It does :(

You never know though,there may be a shade of red you could get away with? If not,maybe a different colour?

I'll probably just take the blonde down a little for autumn with a mid brown or caramel. :(

I have fair skin, green eyes.....the warmth from a little red suited and gave a change....

Never mind, eh? Life goes on.
  • happy35happy35 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    if you went for a brown you could ask your hairdresser to make sure it is in the warm colour spectrum. Warm colours always contain a lot of red without being an obvious red, so may be nearer to what you actually want if you know what I mean !!!!

I have black hair naturally and is very cool and i am thinking of going into the warm spectrum although at the darkest end of the scale as cant be bothered with the roots
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    happy35 wrote: »
    if you went for a brown you could ask your hairdresser to make sure it is in the warm colour spectrum. Warm colours always contain a lot of red without being an obvious red, so may be nearer to what you actually want if you know what I mean !!!!

I have black hair naturally and is very cool and i am thinking of going into the warm spectrum although at the darkest end of the scale as cant be bothered with the roots

Hm, that's a good point, I stick to the same shades of brown and light blonde and vary the tones in the middle, maybe I can 'nod my head to autumn' my changing the brown a little.

I'm that sort of 'tortoiseshell' blonde/brunette mix that can look brassy.

My hair growth, which is normally slow, has sped up too, so I am thinking of taking the blonde down a bit for a/w :).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals