Laser Hair Removal - Experiences?

As the title says, I am wondering if anyone has had laser hair removal? I am contemplating it due to my PCOS causing unwanted fluff.

I don't have loads of hair but I get it on my neck, chin, lip, abdomen and nipples. I try to keep on top of it with epilating but sometimes I feel like i have to do it loads. The only thing that is putting me off is the price/effectiveness. I checked out prices for a clinic at the local hospital and I'd be looking at around £1700 for full face neck and abdomen. Another £500 for nipples. That would be for 8 sessions. Obviously I know i would need to research more if I decided to go ahead but that is a rough guide.

If I knew it was going to be permanently effective, I would start saving but I am wary of forking out that much money if I needed it doing again in a few years. I believe you may 'maintenance' top ups but I am unsure if these would be long term.

Any experiences/advice would be great!

Comments

• London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 434
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 26 August 2013 at 8:54PM
    Hi Anoneemoose, You can get quite positive results but you have to remember that the results will never be permanent as your hair is continuously in different growth phases so it thin the hair rather than permanently get rid of it. Obviously the more you do, the better results but it can be quite costly.

My hairiness is due to genetics (thanks mum and dad) not hormonal like yours but I've had 4 treatments for my stomach area, which I've had semi sucess with. The hair has grown back but when I do remove it with depilatories the hair grows back slower. If I had more treatments, I might see better results but money is too tight to mention.

I've had more success with my sideburns and lower chin area which I've done 7 out of 8 treatments. My last session was in January and the hair has grown back to where it's noticeable so it's more cost effective to only go back when the hair is showing. Before I was going once a month but after 4 treatments the hair growth was very light so I started spreading out the treatments.

One thing to be aware of is that you will not be able to wax or pluck between sessions as you need to have as many hairs as possible in the normal growth phase so you can only use creams or shave. All in all, I spent close to £900 for the stomach and face area but I think it's been worth it as I'm now more confident.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure