Should i pay my credit card?

Options
Hi all,
Looking for some advice...

Im looking at getting the best credit rating as possible.
I have a credit card with around £400 on it and it is 0% interest until march next year.
I was wondering. Would it be better to pay it off in full, with my savings and then continue to save the money that would be paying it off. Or pay it off say £100 a month.

I know it makes no differences to my finances. but looking for good credit history.

Thanks.
Save as much as possible in 2012
Motivate myself to save money

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you want the best chances of low APR loans and mortgages in future it's best to pay off your card in full each month absolutely.

Some credit card lenders see those who repay their cards in full each month to be low-profit and are weary of accepting applications from those who pay off in full all the time, however others, like Amex, prefer applicants who pay in full.

You'll appear desirable to the widest array of lenders by repaying in full each and every month.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • *Scarlett
    *Scarlett Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Izools may have some points

However :D

What kind of interest rate can you get on your savings - surely more than 0%

Just pay the amount needed each month before the 0% runs out. £400 is not a huge amount that would adversely affect a lender.

If you can show that you can pay regular bills that will always be in your favour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure