I paid my mortgage off but...

...then was told I need a solicitor to obtain the title deeds in order to remove the Company's charge over the property.

Is this normal?
And what would a solicitor normally charge for such a service?



  • edited 22 July 2013 at 8:03PM
    bossymoobossymoo Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    edited 22 July 2013 at 8:03PM

    Title deeds are all electronic now, so you don't need a copy of them. The land registry website should explain, and I believe it's the mortgage co that remove their interest in the property.

    I called them recently about removing a name from the title and they were really very helpful. In our circumstances (different to yours) it was free and I was able to do it myself.

    I think this page is what you are looking for.

    Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News