Best for Avios points???

Options
Hi, i wonder if anyone is clever enough to work out which is the best card to use for Avios points? I have the Lloyds TSB duo which is great when places accept Amex (few and far between!) with the mastercard and also a Tesco clubcard credit card, again, mastercard.
Is it easier and quicker to rack up Avios points using the Tesco where i know everywhere accepts mastercard or use the Lloyds Amex (1 point per £) and the mastercard (1 point per £10!)???
I would rather just carry the one around with me rather than all 3.
Thanks awfully, Michael.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
  • mickstereftb
    Options
    Yes, i am aware of all the stickys but wondered, like my post said, is anyone clever enough to give a straight answer...Amex or Tesco!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2013 at 11:06PM
    Options
    places accept Amex (few and far between!)

Where have you had it refused? People make a big deal about Amex not being accepted. The only place that I ever go to where it's not taken is Ikea.

Never use the Lloyds Avios Mastercard - it's earning rate takes the !!!!.

Short answer, Amex Gold for shopping at tesco. you get double Amex MR points for the first year (= minimum of 2 Avios, more during a conversion bonus period), plus 1 Teco CC point (=minimum of 2.4 Avios, more during a conversion bonus period) per pound spent. You'll struggle to get better than 4.4 Avios to the pound as a minimum baseline.

If I were you, I'd cash in on the sign up spend bonus on the Lloyds card and then get the Amex Gold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure