Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Yorkshire Building Society

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
4 replies 917 views
dan3811991119dan3811991119 Forumite
122 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
Does natwast provide there accounts or something? Looking round there site I see there name mentioned a lot when talking about there sortcode are the accounts held with nat west?

Replies

• bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does natwast provide there accounts or something? Looking round there site I see there name mentioned a lot when talking about there sortcode are the accounts held with nat west?
    Natwest don't provide accounts to individual customers. Natwest provide a service to YBS by supplying a gateway from the world of banking through which the building society can receive cash.

A search would have found this post a couple of years ago:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=35748345&postcount=3

P.S. the bank is Nat West not Nat Wast, and YBS's accounts, website and sortcode are theirs rather than theres :)
  • So what does this mean. What information would natwest see.
  • Bernard_ColeslawBernard_Coleslaw Forumite
    648 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    So what does this mean. What information would natwest see.

It just means that Yorkshire use Natwest to provide banking services.

Yorkshire holds the account and all the information relating to it. NatWest wouldn't be able to see any personal information relating to you, if that's what you're worried about.
    Everyone needs something to believe in.

I believe I need another beer.
  • Glen_ClarkGlen_Clark Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    P.S. the bank is Nat West not Nat Wast
    Oh I dunno, I thought wast(e) sounds more appropriate ;)
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
This discussion has been closed.