time to switch again???? help!

diane70
diane70 Posts: 97 Forumite
I have been with british gas for a few years but the orices went up so I changed to npower they said they could do it cheaper etc etc etc (that is what they all say) been with npower for nearly 8months and the prices have gone sky high, I was paying around £60 tops a month for both ele and gas with other suppliers npower want 45 gas 49 electricity thats 94 a month, i hardly use the cooker, I only have gas central heating that isn't on that much and I am out most of the time so how come it is costing me so much (3 bedroon semi) trouble is when you switch you have to pay the final balance and then probably pay even more with the next guy.
I am not sure what to do as my water has gone up to 27 a month, com tax has gone up, everything is going up except our income arggggggghhhhhhh
we are working to pay bills etc.
what can I do?
Diane

Comments

• wills34
    wills34 Posts: 142 Forumite
    call customer services, give meter up to date meter reads see if that makes a difference. If not ask what your annual usage is estimated at in kWh for gas and elec. Visit a switching site (preferably a cashback broker) and choose the most suitable online tariff. Saving will vary according to usage and location. If you live in mids, northern, or a yorkshire distribution area then you will save quite a bit if not you will not save much but definitely worth looking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure