Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Ground frost

Just a wee heads up. Some areas of the UK will have a ground frost tonight. Check your local forecast.
A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.

Replies

• Noah'strollyNoah'strolly Forumite
    225 Posts
    Saw the forecast on breakfast tv and went down thew lottie today in the rain to cover my courgettes with fleece - the things we do for a few veg!
  • malamalamalamala Forumite
    491 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thank you!

I have just put some fleece on to protect my babies after seeing your post.
  • bones61bones61 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    we had a short shower of hail tonight, didn't see that forecast anywhere
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks Jayar,

I've brought all my delicate plants that are in pots into the house.....the kitchen looks like a nursery! I just hope the kids don't trip over them in the morning.

We had a massive fall of hailstones yesterday morning...Don't think I've ever shot out of bed so quickly! I don't remember ever having had hailstones at the end of May before. :confused: Some of the plants looked a bit shocked but all seem to be recovering apart from the parsley which took a real battering.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Pink
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fingers crossed here, can't cover a couple of hundred boxes bedding due to the strong wind.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals