NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Non EU PASSENGER but Uk resident paid ticket

I purchased a return ticket from Split Croatia to Luton on Wizzair for my wife's sister. Her return flight from Luton was delayed by over 7 hours.

We made a claim to Wizzair and they rejected it, stating that no compensation was due. Essentially I think they are trying to interpret the law differently.

In our circumstances, can I get the CAA to consider this even though I paid the ticket but the passenger is Croatian ie non-EU at this time?

Replies

• VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rb621 wrote: »
    I purchased a return ticket from Split Croatia to Luton on Wizzair for my wife's sister. Her return flight from Luton was delayed by over 7 hours.

We made a claim to Wizzair and they rejected it, stating that no compensation was due. Essentially I think they are trying to interpret the law differently.

In our circumstances, can I get the CAA to consider this even though I paid the ticket but the passenger is Croatian ie non-EU at this time?

Who paid for the ticket is irrelevant. As Wizzair is a EU airline, it is subject to the provisions of 261/04 regardless. But the passenger, not you, needs to take this forward.

Search for Wizzair on this forum to see how others have got on.
  • Mark2sparkMark2spark Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Also the CAA is a waste of time as the plane wasn't departing from the UK, where they hold jurisdiction.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals