EBay combined invoice... listings with 2 different Paypal accounts?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
6 replies 617 views
porto_belloporto_bello Forumite
1.8K Posts
Hi, I list my more expensive items on eBay nominating my standard Paypal account on the item listing, but all my cheap items nominate my Paypal micropayments account.

I've just had the odd situation where a European buyer has put bids on 5 different items - some more expensive and some cheap, so the listings carry different Paypal accounts.

The buyer would obviously want to make a combined payment for all my items: can I do this, even though they don't all have the same Paypal account nominated on the listing? [Obviously the combined payment would be a significant amount, so I'd intend putting it through my usual Paypal account].

...This is the first time I've had this situation, ever! ;)
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
Groucho Marx

Replies

• campdavecampdave Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Nope, you can only nominate one payment account, but as the single payment will be going to one account, you should use the non micropayment account.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As campdave says if you get to it before he pays the PayPal ID will be 'open' not greyed out and unable to be changed as normal. You just choose the address you want to use.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • porto_belloporto_bello Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    campdave wrote: »
    Nope, you can only nominate one payment account, but as the single payment will be going to one account, you should use the non micropayment account.

Thanks Dave & Soolin,

The total sale price is going to be substantial (in the region of £50), so I'd wish to avoid the micropayments account, as it would be an inefficient way to receive a larger payment.

I suppose, what I could do is send two invoices: one for all the more expensive items grouped together, listed on eBay with my normal Paypal account/email address quoted on the listings,... and a second grouped invoice for all the inexpensive items, where my micro-payments Paypal account/email address quoted on the listings.

As (in any case) I will have to manually calculate the combined shipping for the invoice, if I put the combined shipping cost on the main invoice and the invoice for the small value items has zero shipping cost, it should be fairly logical - or at least painless for the buyer (whose English is fortunately excellent).
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • zerogzerog Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely you just want to receive one payment and lose 20p+3.4% (or less) on it, rather than that plus 5p+5% on a second payment?
  • edited 1 April 2013 at 11:49AM
    campdavecampdave Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    edited 1 April 2013 at 11:49AM
    It doesn't make any sense to do that, just get it in a single payment to the non-micropayments account.

3.4% on the main account and 5% on the micropayments account - as you're already paying the 20p fee, you actually get a better deal by taking it all through the non-micropayment account
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no benefit in having more than one payment..just take one payment and send tracked to voer the items against loss.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals