PayPal Purchase Protection Issue

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
1 reply 421 views
Terry_TibbsTerry_Tibbs Forumite
31 Posts
Hello

On the Feb 9, 2013. I bought a item from a seller from China paid using PayPal which i never received.

On Mar 27, 2013. I opened a PayPal case to recover my money as it had been 50 days, i still hadn't recived my item. For some reason unknown, on the same day PayPal closed my case, they did not even contact me to say why.

So i sent a email to their [email protected] address. I received a reply.

PayPal: To qualify for the PayPal Purchase Protection, claims must be filed within ## days from the date of the transaction. In this case, the claim was submitted after the ## day deadline. Therefore, we are unable to offer a resolution toward this matter at this time.

Notice: PayPal don't even tell me in email how many days from the date of the transaction to qualify they just give me a ## sign. Surley i'm entitled to my money back? An item from China surface mail is it at least 6 weeks. How did i know i was not going to get my item. The time span of the PayPal Purchase Protection is flawed.

Is there anything I can do to recoup my losses without taking it tosmall claims court?

Thanks

TT

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up