Another case open against me :-(

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
7 replies 1K views
alx2013alx2013 Forumite
404 Posts
I had just one case open against me in the last 4 years and now 2 in 10 days.
Can someone point me in the direction of when/where Ebay announced the changes that have simplified the process for buyers to open cases for INR or SNAD rather than initially just contact the seller?

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Some poor sellers have been faced with nearly a dozen opened against them in the past week!
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • GoldiegirlGoldiegirl Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had my first ever case opened against me this week for INR

I've just taken my normal approach to (fortunately) rare instances like this.

I've messaged back asking them to check with their neighbours and the sorting office to see if the parcel is there, before I take any other action.

In the past no one has ever come back to me to say the parcel is still missing, and so far I haven't heard anything else from the person who opened the case.

In some ways I think this is a postive move - at least there'll be a proper record of serial INR claimants.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    I've had my first ever case opened against me this week for INR

I've just taken my normal approach to (fortunately) rare instances like this.

I've messaged back asking them to check with their neighbours and the sorting office to see if the parcel is there, before I take any other action.

In the past no one has ever come back to me to say the parcel is still missing, and so far I haven't heard anything else from the person who opened the case.

In some ways I think this is a postive move - at least there'll be a proper record of serial INR claimants.

Don't forget though that now case is open if buyer has to close case, this is now more than just a simple enquiry. If buyer chooses to keep case open he can escalate it soon and that's when you run the risk of a strike on your seller dashboard.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • butler_helenbutler_helen Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how this works with the phone app? I communicate via that and I've not "opened a case", simply emailed the seller today to ask where my item is as its been 16days. I'd hate to think I've opened a case - I only want to know when it was sent as there was a wide dispatch date range.
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • This isn't just a phone app problem, if you go to ask a question now for something you have already bought it takes you right through the opening a case senario.
    I tried to contact a seller yesterday to ask them if they had posted yet and i had to select 'other question' just to get the option of sending them a question!
    I also had a case opened on me yesterday, because i had missed a piece out of a package (my fault) a simple message to ask me where it was would have been enough but no ebay's system is now set up to cause issues. The buyer only wanted me to send the piece onto them, but now the case remains open until i hope the buyer closes it!
  • butler_helenbutler_helen Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so on the app there is no "selection" after "contact seller", so I didn't open a case. Good news there!
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals